Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Star Wars XI: Return of the Jedi Review

       
           Overall, I would give Star Wars XI  a 4.5 out of 5 rating. This was an excellent movie based on its special effects in its given time period, thrilling plot that keeps the viewer watching, acting that leads you to believe their emotions and responses are real, and life-like action that has visual and auditory effects that boost the intensity of the movie. For being made in 1983, Star Wars episode 6 had amazing special effects. With its draw dropping explosions, and lightsaber combat fights, these effects seem real even though they are not physically possible (explosions in space). The plot of Luke reaching his destiny of fighting his father Darth Vader keeps you on your toes. You can't even glance away without being thrown into the tension of the plot. The acting is superb. Every emotional response makes you believe the character is actually feeling the way they do, whether it be happy, sad, or furious. The action is also thrilling. Unlike many movies which seem staged, the action in Star Wars episode 6 seem spontaneous as if the characters are making their moves as the movie progresses. These aspects which i just went over, are amazing for the time period this film was created. Through its lifelike imagery and thrilling action, this is definitely a must see movie.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I like how a personal experience was incorporated by saying that "you can't even glance away without being thrown into the tension of the plot." I also liked that how "the characters make their moves as the movie progresses" was mentioned. I did not notice these two point until I read this blog post and I completely agree with them as a member of the audience. I thought it was an effective review and pointed out things that I personally did not notice on my own.
    2.Overall, I like the essays' organization. It is short but also makes great points. The thesis statement is "this was an excellent movie based on its special effects in its given time period, thrilling plot that keeps the viewer watching, acting that leads you to believe their emotions and responses are real, and life-like action that has visual and auditory effects that boost the intensity of the movie." Then, evidence is given for each topic mentioned in the thesis.
    3. There is one paragraph, so there are technically no transitions between paragraphs, but the sentences flow nicely off the tongue when read all together.
    4. Yes, the main themes pointed out in the thesis statement are consistent throughout the paragraph.
    5. I have no questions about the blog post, new ideas were presented that I had yet to think of on my own, and I thought it was well written.

    ReplyDelete